----- Original Message -----

> From: Amos Jeffries <squ...@treenet.co.nz>

>   If you are interested in sponsoring any code development towards that
> please
> contact me off-list about payment details.

Hi Amos,

First of all thanks for replying immediately. But sorry to say that its a
very small company. Bosses will not approve.

> NOTE: redirectors do not "block" anything. They redirect. Possibly to
> a location which does not exist, or a page containing the word
> "blocked".

Yes you are right if you consider a literal meaning and what it actually
does. But I suppose most of the people use redirector only for blocking
hence I used word "block".

But technically you are right.

> Um, REDIRECT tag is documented 6 lines above DENIED. Please upgrade to
> Squid-3.2
> where this logging is available by default already. Or re-build your Squid
> with
> the -DLOG_TCP_REDIRECTS compiler flag.

I am already using 3.2.

> In all Squid whether they use that tag or not Squid will log a 301, 302, 303,
> or
> 307 status code along with "NONE/-" as the server contacted if
> url_rewrite_program redirected the request.  If there is anything else in the
> upstream server field it means the 3xx status logged was generated by that
> server, not by Squid.

I am doing URL rewrite instead of redirect.

The reason I am doing a rewrite instead of redirect is to avoid additional
lookup by client. It also maintains original URL of the page in browser.

Redirect otherwise changes the URL in location bar of the browser. And
people get confused.

And if I recall right then I have also seen some browser complaining
about XSS or something, because URL domains do not match.

I suppose as of now there is no solution. But thanks again.

Regards,

Amm