On 14/11/2012 10:38 p.m., Alexandre Chappaz wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for some precision on the %>st  in the log format directive.
with squid 2.6, I used to set

emulate_httpd_log on

In order to have the useragent and referer I commented this line out
and used instead the combined format as defined here :

logformat combined %>a %[ui %[un [%tl] "%rm %ru HTTP/%rv" %Hs %<st
"%{Referer}>h" "%{User-Agent}>h" %Ss:%Sh

This is messing up with the scripts I have for parsing the logfiles in
the sense that %Hs and %<st now report '-' character when I was
expecting a '0' with the emulate_httpd_log on.

Is there a way to turn these 2 fields back to the emulate_httpd_log behavior?

If you use the built-in format named "combined" you should be getting the actual Apache defined values for each field.

If you defined your own "logformat combined ..." you will get the Squid range of values where '-' is displayed for no-value in a field.