----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Dreyer" <ktdre...@ktdreyer.com>
Newsgroups: comp.protocols.kerberos
To: <kerbe...@mit.edu>
Sent: Friday, November 23, 2012 7:57 PM
Subject: new msktutil release (v0.4.2)

I'm pleased to announce release 0.4.2 of msktutil.

msktutil is a program for interoperability with Active Directory. It
can create a computer account in Active Directory, create a system
Kerberos keytab, add and remove principals to and from that keytab,
and change the computer account's password automatically.

Changes from previous release:

  User-visible changes:

  Increase computer name character limit from 18 to 19 characters,
  matching AD's own limits.

  Add option ("-N") to disable reverse lookups on DCs.

  Add option ("--old-account-password") to use the old computer account
  password to create a new keytab on a host.

  Return the proper error code when krb5_change_password fails.

  Update man page documentation for single-DES and AFS.

  Other build-related changes:

  Improve krb5-config detection and handling.

  Compatibility with autoconf >= 2.68.

  Build fixes for Red Hat and Ubuntu.

The Git repository is available at:

  <http://repo.or.cz/w/msktutil.git>

You can download tarballs from:

  <https://code.google.com/p/msktutil/>

Please report any bugs in the Google Code issue tracker.

I now have a new co-maintainer for msktutil, Mark Pröhl. Welcome, and
thank you, Mark!

Also, thank you to the other people who contributed to 0.4.2 (bug
reports, fixes, or patches):

  Jaroslaw Polok
  Jurjen Bokma
  Olaf Flebbe
  Michael Weiser
  Vladimir V Kanischev

(If I've accidentally missed your name, please let me know, and I will
credit you in the next release.)

- Ken Dreyer