On 27.11.2012 14:07, Horacio H. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Amos, thanks for your reply. I'll test the patch and use
> memory_cache_shared set to OFF.
>
> Sorry, I was wrong. Objects bigger than maximum_object_size_in_memory
> are not cached on disk. Although objects smaller than
> maximum_object_size_in_memory but bigger than 32KB were written to
> disk, I guess they got a HIT because Squid keeps a copy in memory of
> hot and in-transit objects. That explains why the UFS store was
> "ignored" when Squid was restarted.
>
> Thanks.

I'm seeing the same problem with Squid 3.2.5.  I have not installed the
mentioned patch,
but I do use the following cache_dir configuration lines:

  cache_dir rock /cache/squid/rock-08k 610 min-size=0    max-size=8192
  cache_dir rock /cache/squid/rock-30k 390 min-size=8193 max-size=30720
  cache_dir aufs /cache/squid/aufs 3000 15 253  min-size=30721
max-size=204800000
  maximum_object_size 200000 KB
  maximum_object_size_in_memory 512 KB

If I'm reading the code correctly, as long as I specify "max-size" on each
cach_dir directive
the mentioned patch will not be needed.

With these configuration lines the AUFS directory never stores anything larger
than the value
specified by maximum_object_size_in_memory.  When squid is shutting down the
cache log
will contain a line like
  2012/12/18 00:53:14 kid1| Not currently OK to rewrite swap log.
so when it restarts it assumes the AUFS cache is empty.

ROCK store seems to work if that is all that I'm using, but it doesn't work
well when combined
with AUFS.  Has anyone gotten ROCK store to work combined with anything else?

Mike Mitchell