On 02/01/13 17:22, Luciano Ruete wrote:
On 02/01/2013 04:04 PM, Alex Rousskov wrote:
On 02/01/2013 09:42 AM, Luciano Ruete wrote:
Another thing that happens is that rock cache_dir always start from 0
every time squid is restarted, is that the expected behavior?
No, it is not. Rock, just like ufs, should preserve cached content
across restarts (and does in my tests). How do you know that "cache_dir
always start from 0"? Please make sure you do not look at cache
statistics that is printed by Squid workers. Look at mgr:storedir stats
returned by diskers. Workers do not load rock store indexes, diskers do.
Someday, we will find a way to render these stats in a less misleading way.

Ok, this one is my fault. Debian/Ubuntu init script does a squid -z in a pre-start hook if the cache_dir was not initialized. My rock cache_dir was already initialized but the script only knows from AUFS and COSS because it is ready for squid-3.1 and not for squid-3.2.

Thanks for the answer.