Nice ONE.

Did you had the chance of using one of the existing tools for that?
There are bunch of them which are pretty simple to configure.

On 2/3/2013 3:52 AM, jeffrey j donovan wrote:
greetings

I was gathering some log info on several squid boxes and I wrote this little
tool to quickly gather access time and ip information. It's just a group of log
reading tasks.
basically it reads access.log displays current time, and you can search the
logs for a particular Ip address. Those results can be delivered to a remote
folder via scp.

it's not very elegant , it's actually pretty crude and some lines may not be
complete. but I thought I should share this with others and maybe someone could
use it or build off of it and make something better.
it worked with OSX and Ubuntu

modify whatever, default Paths were followed.
One folder may need to be created ../squid/var/logs/tmp. This is just to keep
the oranges away from the tomatoes:, unless you like tormagetoes.

hope this is useful to someone
-j

--
Eliezer Croitoru