On 22/03/2013 4:20 a.m., hadi wrote:

On 21/03/2013 11:55 a.m., hadi wrote:

I'm trying to configure squid with my own external helper. But doesn't
take Im getting error msg

[root@host1 squid]# ./sbin/squid
2013/03/21 01:41:19| Can't use proxy auth because no authentication
schemes are fully configured.
^^^ see above.

%LOGIN depends on proxy-auth being setup...

My squid conf as flow

[root@host1 squid]# grep ^[A-Za-z] etc/squid.conf

external_acl_type test1 %LOGIN  /root/squidauthentication/test1
... and there is no auth_param configuration above the external_acl_type
directive.

But in auth_param msgbox will appear asking to supply username/password. And
im trying to setup squid captive portal

Where do you expect the username+password used by %LOGIN to come from then?

And why do you think captive portal would prevent popups? Captive portal in fact *requires* the user always be faced with a login before any use is permitted. Their traffic is all restricted/blocked by a DMZ firewall area until they authenticate by a method provided by the portal.