On 20/07/2013 2:04 p.m., Amm wrote:
Hello,

Squid already has option to log FULL query. i.e strip_query_terms off.

I would like to know is there any way to log FULL query only for particular acl?

Not in the existing Squid.

It could be added fairly easily, but the utility of doing it is very small. The major gain from stripping such terms is to protect stupid security systems which do things like place credentials or users private details in the query-string portion of URLs.

I am asking this because, I do not want log file to get full by recording
everything, just wanted queries recorded for few cases.

If you are worried about query-string filling logs then you have bigger problems. A simple flood of rejected requests could dump far more content into your logs than query-strings on normal traffic do.

If this is an actual problem I suggest looking at making yourself a daemon helper, you can do anything you like with the log lines in the daemon. Our squid-3.3 daemon does some basic checks on file size and rotates the logs if they get too big, in addition to the squid-requested rotations. Or one of the other network I/O logging modules can send logs to a machine with more space available.