On 09/14/2013 03:44 PM, Eliezer Croitoru wrote:
SORRY typo:
http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/linux_administrators_security_guide/16_Linux_Limiting_and_Monitoring_Users.html#PAM

the above can clarify more about the ulimit stuff.

The basic solution is to define the soft limit in the init script.

I don't think that this is a good solution. It could work as a temporary hook. See my thoughts below.
I would go to make sure that the hard and the soft limits are the problem..
like
ulimit -Sa >>/tmp/ulimit_test
ulimit -Ha >>/tmp/ulimit_test

this will make sure that the limits problem are in the soft and hard.

It's a basic linux issue which is not related to squid but more to the
distribution and how you define ulimits

I assume the limit is on the bash level rather then on the OS level.
http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/linux_administrators_security_guide/16_Linux_Limiting_and_Monitoring_Users.html#Bash

hope it helps clarify the issue.

There could be an option that will be added to the init.d script to
specify the ulimit soft and hard by a config file or variable.

I hope to post a new script for centos in the comming weeks.

Eliezer