Hi Amos,

Am 24.9.2013 13:17, schrieb Amos Jeffries:
On 24/09/2013 6:30 p.m., T Ls wrote:
... Where is the error in my config, what causes the DNS queries?
In this configuration:

cache_peer parent-ip1 parent 80 7 no-query no-digest cache_peer parent-ip2 parent 80 7 no-query no-digest cache_peer proxy.domain.org parent 9999 7 no-query no-digest

the cache_peer hostnames need to be looked up in DNS, at least on
startup/reconfgure maybe other times.

Ok, but squid is not looking for these IPs, I would have recognised this.

logformat myformat %tl %6tr %>a %Ss/%03>Hs %<st %rm %ru %[un %Sh/%<A %mt
cache_access_log /var/log/squid/access.log myformat

There is no such directive as "cache_access log". There is however an
"access_log" directive.

Until 3.1.x cache_access_log is a valid option (I am at 3.1.12).

cache_log /var/log/squid/cache.log
cache_store_log /var/log/squid/store.log

Unless you are debugging or analyzing the storage the cache_store_log
is not necessary.

Ok.

pid_filename /var/log/squid/squid.pid
debug_options ALL,1

request-forward.conf:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

always_direct allow MY-LOCAL-DOMAIN

* requests for "MY-LOCAL-DOMAIN" require DNS lookups to determine
where they go due to the above.

Ok, these are requests for internel IPs, these requests work well, only dns requests for internet domains will fail and cause my problem.

never_direct deny MY-LOCAL-DOMAIN
never_direct allow all

If the set of domains being looked up is small (ie your cache_peer or
always_direct rule) then you can define them in /etc/hosts file.

The dns requests I am worrying about are all internet hosts, so /etc/hosts is not an option.

Thanks
Thomas