On 1/10/2013 1:50 p.m., Kris Glynn wrote:
Thanks, I will look at upgrading but these are Production servers and I notice
quite a few changes from 3.3.x to 3.4 so I might need to do something about it
in the meantime.

My idea of a fix is the following to perhaps run every 48hours...

for pid in `/usr/bin/squidclient -p 8080 mgr:ntlmauthenticator |grep RS |awk
'{print $3}'`; do kill $pid; done

Am I correct in saying that I can kill any pid with flag "RS" from the
mgr:ntlmauthenticator output?

Well the R means that the helepr os locked by a client connection id-way through the authentication handshake. It is a legitimate state to be in when the rotate or any other reason shutdown is scheduled, but should have completed within a few seconds, maybe a minute if your AD or client is acting very slowly.

If you don't mind breaking any legitimate client connections that is an option. I suggest you wait a full minute after any rotate or reconfigure to minimize the problems though.