This email has been classified as: NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

This email has been classified as: PROTECT I wonder if someone can help me out
with an issue that has come to light with a new application we are running
behind our Squid 2.6 Reverse Proxy Server.

At the moment we have a situation shown below;

INTERNET ---> |FIREWALL1| ---> |REVERSE-PROXY| ---> |FIREWALL2| --->
APPLICATION WEB SERVER

For all applications, Traffic comes in on HTTPS (and HTTP as well, but mostly
HTTPS) from the Internet, passes through FIREWALL1 and then offloads the SSL at
the REVERSE-PROXY, then the rest of the traffic flows as HTTP through FIREWALL2
and onto the APPLICATION WEB SERVER.

This works for all of the sites we've been serving for the past two years, but
for this particular new application, if you connect using https://my.server.com
when the app redirects, Squid appears to go to http://my.server.com i.e. it
does not stay encrypted.  I've found a similar problem in this post using
mod_proxy
(http://serverfault.com/questions/388927/apache-reverseproxypass-redrects-to-http-rather-than-https)

Can you point me in any direction to assist with this solution please?

Thanks in advance

John

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the named
recipient and may contain sensitive, confidential or protectively marked
material up to the central government classification of ?RESTRICTED" which must
be handled accordingly.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender by e-mail and delete from your system, unless you
are the named recipient (or authorised to receive it for the recipient) you are
not permitted to copy, use, store, publish, disseminate or disclose it to
anyone else.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as it could
be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or
contain viruses and therefore the Council accept no liability for any such
errors or omissions.

Unless explicitly stated otherwise views or opinions expressed in this email
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the
Council and are not intended to be legally binding.

All Council network traffic and GCSX traffic may be subject to recording and/or
monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.

South Tyneside Council, Town Hall & Civic Offices, Westoe Road, South Shields,
Tyne & Wear, NE33 2RL, Tel: 0191 427 1717, Website: www.southtyneside.info