On 12/26/2013 9:31 AM, m.shahve...@ece.ut.ac.ir wrote:

Not possible because there is none that "recognize request protocol".

What happens is admin configure squid.conf ports manually, one per
protocol type to be recieved. Squid only supports HTTP, HTTPS, ICP,
HTCP, and SNMP incoming traffic.

The non-HTTP traffic support in Squid is for gatewaying traffic, where
Squid makes the outbound connection in FTP/Gopher/HTTP/HTTPS/Wais/ etc
so there is no detection or recognizing going on.

Sorry, I don't understand. Could you please explain the squid scenario for
a FTP request for example?

I think it's possible to use debug mode and compile squid with extra log messages to find the protocol detection point.
I've done this before to find an inside buffering algorithm.

--
Aris System Squid Development