Hi there

Rob van der Putten wrote:

This morning my isp's tunnelserver (6in4) failed. This happened after
replacing a router. I don't know if this is an IPv4 router, IPv6 or both.
I couldn't ping the remote IPv6 address of the tunnel, or the IPv4
address of the tunnel server. Things returned to normal after they
rebooted the tunnel server.

This is a log entry;
1397639045.383 1940 pc6.ip6.sput.nl TCP_MISS/503 0 CONNECT
www.xs4all.nl:443 - HIER_NONE/- -

My connect_timeout is 2 seconds which works fine for http. But https
pages just wouldn't load.

Blocking IPv6 connections to port 443 in my firewall has exactly the same effect: The browser reports an error. There is no fallback to IPv4.

Regards,
Rob