----/ The Squid List /--------------------------------------------------

The Censor

July 20-August 12

8 pm

$15-$18

----/ Event Description /-----------------------------------------------

FREE SEATS, FREE CHAMPAGNE, GUTSY THEATER!

The first 15 people that respond to this email will receive free
seats to an evening of theater at one of the City's most written-
about alternative theater companies.

Respond with your preference for Friday July 21 or Saturday July 22,
and if yours is one of the first 15 emails or voicemails we receive,
we'll do our best to seat you on the night of your choice. Write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and write "Squidlist offer" in the
subject line.  Or call 415.440.3505 and reference the Squidlist offer
when you speak to our Box Office or leave a message.

More information on the company, the play and the playwright below:

Last Planet Theatre opens its production of Anthony Neilson's The
Censor, a gripping love triangle and a debate on the nature of art
versus obscenity, on July 21 & 22 at 8 pm. Join us for a glass of
champagne. Mingle with the cast and crew. Check out the what the
critic sitting next to you is jotting down in those notes.

The Censor runs Thurs.-Sat. at 8pm until August 12. Our preview night
is July 20. Tickets run $15-$18 and all Thursdays except the preview
are 2-for1 (preview night is $5). We're located at 351 Turk St.
between Leavenworth & Hyde in SF, just 3.5 blocks from Civic Center
BART.

For more information, call us at 415.440.3505 or visit us online at
www.lastplanettheatre.com.

THE STORY: After rating a seemingly conventional piece of hardcore
porn "unreleasable", a film censor is teased, taunted, provoked and
challenged by the female director. Their debates about the nature of
art and obscenity trigger a crisis in the censor's marriage and his
conception of love and desire.

About the AUTHOR: Written by Anthony Neilson, a young English
playwright with a rapidly growing reputation for stylistic innovation
and an unerring sense of narrative tension,

About the PLAY: The Censor has been described as "a profound and
tragic vision of humanity at its bare, forked basics" (Evening
Standard) and "in its own weird, urgent way, almost beautiful . . .
an unsettling exploration of ways of seeing" (The Guardian).

Come see why THE CRITICS are calling LAST PLANET "gutsy, edgy and
some of the most unique theater in the city" (SFist) and "the
intellectual avant-garde...an oasis of culture" (Marin IJ). Read
reviews of other past productions by the SF Bay Guardian, the SF
Weekly, the SF Chronicle and other publications online at
www.lastplanettheatre.com.

----/ Venue Info /------------------------------------------------------

Last Planet Theatre
351 Turk St.  between Leavenworth & Hyde
San Francisco
415-440-3505
www.lastplanettheatre.com

351 Turk St. between Leavenworth & Hyde, 3.5  blocks from Civic
Center BART. If travelling by BART, walk up Hyde from Market St.,
turn right at Turk, go half-way down the block, and you'll see 351
Turk St. on your right. For driving instructions, see our website or
visit www.mapquest.com.

----/ Additional Info /-------------------------------------------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
415-440-3505
www.lastplanettheatre.com

----/ The Squid List Admin /---------------------------------------------

The Squid List, a tentacle of Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/

subscribe, unsubscribe, change your email address or change your subscription

Frequently Asked Questions & Submission Guidelines
Squid List FAQ: http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/faq.html

The Squid List Online Calendar:
http://laughingsquid.org/squidlist/calendar/

The Squid List RSS Feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/squidlist

Laughing Squid
http://laughingsquid.com

art, culture and technology from San Francisco and beyond

Laughing Squid Web Hosting
http://laughingsquid.net

friendly, dependable and secure web hosting services for artists, individuals,
bloggers, non-profits and small organizations

The Squid List is licensed under a Creative Commons License
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.5/