Paul Scigliano writes:
I have an interesting siutation coming up and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on this:
My company is an ISP and we are looking into expanding our email capabilities internally. We want to create a calandar server and a real email server with IMAP and mailboxes and the such. You know, the works.
The only problem is this: currently all of our employees' email sits on the same email server as our ISP customers (i.e., [EMAIL PROTECTED]'s email comes to the same POP3 server as [EMAIL PROTECTED]). What I need to do is separate the users and have the mail server be smart enough to know to route addresses tagged as 'internal' to the internal mail server we will be creating.
So... does anyone know how to get the MTA to even begin to think about this? :)
--
Paul Scigliano
Director of IT Services,

Hello Paul, u did not specify your current mta. AFAIK, both postfix and qmail will do all types of forwarding. since ur designs are towards and internal mail a combination of postfix or qmail w/ the right internal dns mail zone file is a good beginning on solving ur problem. hope this helps, david.