For immediate review by the list. Let me know if this is
clear enough, or if I left anything out. Thanks!

I wrote this with the intention of placing it in the main
INSTALL file. However, it's a bit long (by necessity), and
the formating is a little different than the other file
descriptions in INSTALL (they're all one paragraph), so...
what do you think Sam? (Also, note that I haven't stretched
it to fit the margins yet)

Here's the first draft:

   /usr/local/share/sqwebmail/domainmap  - if  this  file  exists then it
   should contain colon (':') delimited records in the following format:

   IP1:DOMAIN1
   IP2:DOMAIN2
   DOMAIN3:DOMAIN4
   DOMAIN5:DOMAIN6
   IP3:DOMAIN7
   etc...

   The domainmap file can be used to implement IP or DNS  alias domains.
   For example, if you have a domain, mydomain.com, with an IP address
   of 13.13.13.13, and you place the following record into your domainmap
   file:

   13.13.13.13:mydomain.com

   Then any user who accesses sqwebmail from the following URL:

   http://mydomain.com/cgi-bin/sqwebmail

   will be able to log into the mydomain.com domain WITHOUT having to
   include @mydomain.com as part of their userid.

   Then same concept applies to virtual DNS domains. For example, if you
   have the virtual DNS domain, myotherdomain.com, that shares one IP
   address with 200 other domains, you can add the following record to
   the domainmap file:

   myotherdomain.com:myotherdomain.com

   Then any user who accesses sqwebmail with the following URL:

   http://myotherdomain.com/cgi-bin/sqwebmail

   will be able to log into the myotherdomain.com domain WITHOUT having
   to include @myotherdomain.com as part of their userid.

   How does it work? Sqwebmail compares the first field (before the colon)
   of each line in the domainmap file with the SERVER_ADDR and HTTP_HOST
   CGI environment variables. If it finds a match it stops processing the
   domainmap file and does one of two things:

   1.) If the logindomainlist file does NOT exist, sqwebmail sets the
   value of the logindomain hidden field in the login.html page to the
   value of the second field of the matching record in the domainmap
   file. Note that no hidden field will be created if a match is not
   found.

   2.) If the logindomainlist file DOES exist, sqwebmail compares the
   second field of the matching record in the domainmap file to each
   record in the logindomainlist file. If a match is found, sqwebmail
   will set the matching record to be the default when it displays the
   logindomainlist drop down on the login.html page. Note that no option
   will be defaulted if a match is not found.

Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator
WingNET Internet Services,
P.O. Box 2605 // Cleveland, TN 37320-2605
423-559-LINK (v)  423-559-5145 (f)
http://www.wingnet.net

We are actively looking for companies that do a lot of long
distance faxing and want to cut their long distance bill by
up to 50%.  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for more info.