I use a local hack where the URL is:

http://webmail.domain.com and Apache rewrites it as:

http://domain.com/cgi-bin/sqwebmail

The hacked sqwebmail just takes the HTTP_HOST environment variable
and use that as the default domain.  [EMAIL PROTECTED] still works,
of course.

It'd be nice if the proposed system would allow something like this -
where we wouldn't have to add each new domain to a file somewhere.
My system is such that when there is a new domain I just add
webmail.newdomain.com to DNS and that's all that's needed (other
than adding the domain to vpopmail).  It requires the minimal amount
of configuration.  I don't touch another file unless I need to setup
hosting for that domain.

Another idea is to take an environment variable (say,
SQWEBMAIL_DEFAULTDOMAIN) and just use that as your default.  Then you
just specify that in the Apache config file for each domain.  This
should be straightforward for those that automatically generate their
Apache config file anyway.

I will be happy to contribute to the code if a proposal is agreed on.
The main reason I haven't pursued this is that I wasn't sure what Mr.
Sam might include in the default distribution and I don't want to
continue to keep a local hack (the hacks I have now are extremely
simple and is easily patched).

Thanks,

Tim