Well when the recommended configuration doesn't work or is very unstable
and only seems to let people in by random, then you need to do
something!

I reconfigured with ./configure --with-authvchkpw --without-authldap
--without-authdaemon --without-authpam --without-authuserdb
--enable-webpass=no --without-authpwd --without-authshadow [and some
other options]

And now it finally works and I don't have the authdaemond running.

But I still wonder why the recommended configuration was so unstable?

Thanks for the help to everyone :)