Thanks for your help. Apache is doing what it should now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Bigler
To: Peters, Michael D.; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 6/10/2003 11:44 PM
Subject: Re: [sqwebmail] httpd.conf modifications?

on 6/10/03 1:13 PM, Peters, Michael D. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there anything I need to modify in the Apache 2.0.46 httpd.conf
file to
> make Sqwebmail work?

This depends completely on how you are structuring your webmail domains,
and
how you want to structure your directories.  For myself, I use
name-based
hosting and I create a single virtual server for all my webmail domains,
which share identical functionality.  I map them all to a single
directory
on my server, which I think contains some of the images and maybe the
css
file in a subdirectory, and an index.html that I use to point to the
cgi.

My .conf file looks something like this:

### WEBMAIL - ALL DOMAINS
<VirtualHost 64.105.194.72>
DocumentRoot /usr/local/apache/htdocs/webmail
ServerName wemail.domain1.com
ServerAlias webmail.domain2.com webmail.domain3.com
</VirtualHost>

And /usr/local/apache/htdocs/webmail is where I tell sqwebmail to
install
all the image files.  The directory also contains an index.html that
looks
like this:

<head>
<title>Web Mail</title>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="1; URL=cgi-bin/sqwebmail">
</head>

I can't remember whether this index.html file is part of the normal
install
or not.  I know I am doing something unusual in terms of where I am
installing the image files.  This requires setting another sqwebmail
option
in a non-default way--I forget the details.

There are also other environment variable options you might want to set
in
your .conf file (which you can do on a per-domain basis), depending on
what
you need.  You might want to search the archives for possibilities
(maybe
look for "environment variables" - you can find the archives via the
inter7
site.

-Kurt Bigler