From: Bryan Christ [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2003 11:46 AM
To: Ali Elci
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [sqwebmail] Problem with make check

Ali,

Thanks for your help.  I recompiled my kernel with support for quota and all the make scripts went fine! :) However, I'm not sure I understand how to enable authshadow or authpwd as the authentication mechanism.  I ran authinfo and it displayed:

AUTHENTICATION_MODULES="authdaemon"
AUTHDAEMONMODULELIST="authcustom authcram authmysql authldap authuserdb authshadow authpwd"
SASL_AUTHENTICATION_MODULES="CRAM-SHA1 CRAM-MD5 PLAIN LOGIN"

It appears to me that I have correctly compiled support for authshadow and authpwd.
In my /etc/sqwebmail/authdameonrc file I have changed the parameter authmodulelist to as follows:

authmodulelist="authshadow authpwd"

when I start authdaemond and point my web brower to my cgi-bin/sqwebmail URL I get a login in screen, but I get INVALID USER ID OR PASSWORD when I try to log in.

Have I done anything else wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Bryan Christ