On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 04:00:47PM -0500, leonard wrote:
> >    I have a ISP with 500 e-mail account with vpopmail, work fine. Thanks! :)
> >
> >    But I'm novice (in english too...) and I have difficult with sqwebmail
> > because not make authentication with vpopmail. Please help-me... :(
> >
> >    I have Linux slack 9 with sqwebmail 3.6.0.
>
> You may have the classical problem...
> Try to compile sqwebmail --without-authdaemon and it should work fine
> (authdaemon is crap anyway)
             ?
Can you explain this? It works very well for me. When running against an
LDAP or SQL database, having persistent connections to the back-end is a
very important optimisation.

> this is due to a vpopmail library bug.

That gives intermittent problems. If he cannot authenticate at all, perhaps
he just forgot to start authdaemond running.

Regards,

Brian.