Toshikazu Ichikawa writes:

There are several problems in your implementation. Specifically, you cannot make any references in rfc822 to symbols defined in the sqwebmail directory. This is because rfc822 is a generic library that's also shared by other applications.

Yes, You are right. I have to fix it.

You'll have to do better than this. You are making drastic changes to the rfc2047 functions, and you need to provide a better explanation.

Drastic changes are due to OUTGOING_CHARSET work.

I don't see anything in 2047 that could possibly relate to OUTGOING_CHARSET.

RFC2047 MIME-encoding header should be less than 76 character length,
and furthermore the length of header string is unpredictable,
which is converted into outgoing charset coding.
So I modified rfc2047 encoding function.

The rfc2047 compliance bug I want to designate and I fixed,
An 'encoded-word' MUST NOT appear within a 'quoted-string'.

Anyway, many apologies to my less words.

I think that rfc2047_encode functions should be rewritten, possibly with a different API (and changing everything that calls them accordingly).

I would like to see a completely separate patch for OUTGOING_CHARSET first. Then, if you can come up with a simple, separate patch to fix rfc2047_encode, then that might work. But if it really is drastic surgery, then save your time. I'll probably end up looking at and rewriting these functions anyway. This might be one of the cases where it's just better to have a clean start. It's not a lot code, so it shouldn't be too bad.