From: Rick van Vliet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [sqwebmail] Corrupted messages list screen
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:37:20 -0600

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 16:18:39 +0000, Ex Arca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Still getting this problem:

If I open a message that has never been opened before and then hit the BACK button to return to the messages list, the screen has some corruption at the top, e.g.;

-- Sections. Folders, Create Messages, Preferences, Etc. -->

And all the sytle info is lost. This only appears to happen after opening a new message. Is there something special that happens in this case as opposed to re-opening an old message? Does sqwebmail create this message list page somewhere on the server such that I can see it - maybe then I can tell if the page is corrputed at the sqwebmail creation level or if Apache is maybe corrpting the page when returning it to the browser.

Thanks.

Depending on your version of sqwebmail, (we're on 3.6.2), there should be an icon of a folder with an upward facing arrow, which takes your user back to their Inbox List.

I'm guessing here: but, my guess is that if you use the Browser 'Back' button, apache dowsn't really reload the page. It's displaying what's in /cache/.

And remember that all the folder lists & messages are being displayed within a frame...which might also munge up your 'back' function.

Have your users try that UpFolder button, see if this behavior is still a problem
good luck,
rick

That's interesting. Using the folder to get back to the message list causes no problem. But using the BACK button causes the message list to be corrupted. I'm afarid I don't know enough about the architecture here, but maybe someone knows the answer:

When the user hits the BACK button within the framework of sqwebmail:

1) Does the browser look only in a local cache for the previous page? Thus Apache and sqwebmail could not be responsible for the curruption.

2) Or does sqwebmail still get invoked in someway. For example, maybe sqwebmail does a re-authentication when going back to the message list?

Thanks for any insight,

Chris

Check out MSN PC Safety & Security to help ensure your PC is protected and safe. http://specials.msn.com/msn/security.asp