Kenneth Fordham writes:

 HTML content follows Â

I have a mail server installed on FreeBSD 4.9 that has been running fine
for months.

About 5-6 days ago people started saying that there attachments are not
showing up, this is what happens.

If I were to send a PDF attachment named test.pdf to my ISP e-mail account
via sqwebmail it would show up as ATT000014.dat.

I can resave this file with the PDF extension and open it just fine.

This only seems to happen when using sqwebmail, if we send via outlook
everything is normal.

Has anybody else seen this before?

sqwebmail does not rename any attachments.

If the attachment filename contains certain punctuation characters, or
characters outside the Latin alphabet, sqwebmail uses the mechanism defined
by RFC 2231 to encode the attachment filename.

"ATT000014.dat" looks like something that you'll get if a mail client does
not understand the attachment's filename, and thus defaults to a
randomly-generated one.