On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 06:57:46AM +0100, Stefan Onken wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 18. April 2004 12:43 schrieb Brian Candler:
>
> > I have a few suggestions for where I think Sqwebmail ought to go
> > - and I wonder if other people concur or have other suggestions.
> > It might be nice to have a wishlist which people can work on.
>
> I am not sure if its possible, but I what about a debug log (or
> debug mode) for sqwebmail. I find it hard to trace a problem if
> sqwebmail is not working like expecting (normally due to a
> configuration error). A debug log file would be a great help.

Your wish is in the process of being granted :-)

In the 20040419 development release, you can turn on authentication
debugging which shows the login decision-making process. authdaemond now
runs a 'courierlogger' child which captures the debug output and sends it to
syslog.

sqwebmaild and pcpd do not yet run such a child; there are some existing
debug messages which go to syslog. At least it is now consistently to the
'mail' facility. But it should not be hard to add this, and it's one of the
reasons I suggested a separate sqwebmaild.rc startup script.

Regards,

Brian.