On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 11:40:20AM -0500, Michael D Schleif wrote:
> > If you're prepared to upgrade to sqwebmail-4.0.3.20040502, then I can do you
> > a patch to report the problem. Oh what the hell, here's the patch anyway.
> >
> > Don't do this on a production system: there's a new config file
> > ("sqwebmail") and a new startup script
> > (/usr/local/share/sqwebmail/libexec/sqwebmaild.rc)
>
> OK, I am willing to go down this path.  Ought I to do this first?
>
>     make uninstall
>
> Or, with the new changes, is it prudent to install over top of
> sqwebmail-4.0.3?
>
> What do you think?

'make install', 'make install-configure' should be fine.

Things to beware are:
(1) you need to change your startup scripts. Instead of calling 'authdaemond
start' and 'sqwebmaild start', you need to call
  /usr/local/share/sqwebmail/libexec/sqwebmaild.rc start

(2) check the contents of the new config file
  /usr/local/share/sqwebmail/sqwebmaild

They are almost certainly going to be fine. However I'm in discussion with
Sam as to whether we should create an etc/ directory in a future release,
and also split off some of the authentication stuff into an 'authcommon'
file (things like MAILDIRPATH, DEBUG_LOGIN, AUTHMODULES etc). So you may
have to change this file again when the next release comes along.

Or, the next release may back out this change, so that it can be introduced
properly (in the correct location) in the release after that.

Regards,

Brian.