<snip>
The problem is :
when an user tries to move messages from a folder to another , the
messages does not appear in the destination folder and disappears from
source folder. On the server the messages are correctly moved. It seem
to be a problem with modification time  and access time of the files. We
have tried all possible  combinations about setting of nfs mount of
mailbox in /etc/fstab :disabling  and enabling noac, nocto, etc etc.
With RH the problem disappears.
</snip>

Check to make sure the time on the NFS server and the time on the NFS
client are in sync.

Something like ntpd or ntpdate run on both the machines synched to the
same strata server should fix the problem.

We are using Fedora + NFS + sqwebmail with no problems here. I ran into
a similar problem last year with our FreeBSD NFS cluster and the time on
the NFS server and NFS clients was the problem.

HTH,

Tom Walsh
Network Administrator
http://www.ala.net/