> On 9 Oct 2023, at 15:45, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <mico...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The execution of rpc commands has to be protected/firewalled anyhow, there
> are commands that can kill kamailio or old commands that write to file (e.g,
> dlg.dump_file). Also, the rpc over fifo writes to a file the response. The
> rpc interface was designed to be used only by trusted apps, being them
> restricted by firewal or OS permissions.

I tried to avoid opening the old can of worms, more question if it’s a good
thing to continue down that path without protections.
You are right, there are a lot of bad things one can do, so maybe we have to
live with it. At some point maybe
add a light level of authorization.
> For more flexibility in setting "I want to be able to ..." rules, of course
> contributions are more than welcome.

As always!

…which is one of the reasons I’m dropping the ideas on the mailing list for
everyone to consider… :-)

/O