From: Вадим С via sr-dev <sr-dev@lists.kamailio.org>
Sent: Montag, 29. Januar 2024 17:35
To: sr-dev@lists.kamailio.org
Cc: Вадим С <vadim.sara...@gmail.com>
Subject: [sr-dev] Format of settings sets in config.

Hello dear developers!
I'm developing a module that can have several sets of similar connections. I
see that some modules allow specifying a sequence of settings in one parameter
through the symbol ";", as sample:
modparam("htable", "htable",
"customer=>size=8;dbtable=customer;cols='dids,description';coldelim=';'")
or my example:

modparam("module", "module",
"connection=>alice;id=aliceid;password=alicepwd;timeout=60;param=123")
modparam("module", "module",
"connection=>bob;id=bobid;password=bobpwd;timeout=90;param=456")
I don't find it user friendly.
Can I offer users blocks with settings that should start with some parameter,
for example "connection", as in the example:
modparam("module", "connection", "alice") # first block of settings
modparam("module", "id", "aliceid")
modparam("module", "password", "alicepwd")
modparam("module", "timeout", 60)
modparam("module", "param", 123)

modparam("module", "connection", "bob") # second block of settings
modparam("module", "id", "bobid")
modparam("module", "password", "bobpwd")
modparam("module", "timeout", 90)
modparam("module", "param", 456)

modparam("module", "connection", "john") # third block of settings

If you think that this is not compatible with the kamailio configuration
ideology, I will give up my idea :)