Hello,

are you using cnxcc or other module on top of dialog?

The reason was cnxcc, as it apparently does some lower level dialog ops
that involve locking in case of a dialog being already locked.

Have you got the backtrace in case of the lock you encountered to see
what situations ended there?

Cheers,
Daniel

On 07/08/15 13:14, Pawel Kuzak wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> We are testing Kamailio 4.1.8 and we are running into a deadlock in
> the dialog module. I therefore searched the git commits if something
> has been done to the locking in dialog module and I found this commit.
> I wanted to ask you if there was a specific motivation for you to
> change this. I mean in the previous locking (e.g. like it is still in
> 4.1.8), do you see potential scenarios which could lead to a deadlock?
> Obviously there is one, but at a first glance checking the code
> acquiring and releasing locks looks fine.
> Of course we will now give 4.2 a try. I am just curious, that's why I
> am asking :-) .
>
> Regards,
> Paul
>
> On 16.06.2015 15:18, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:
>> Module: kamailio
>> Branch: master
>> Commit: 9c3ea838b31039ac067e17d519df67b64b0dada1
>>
>> Author: Daniel-Constantin Mierla <mico...@gmail.com>
>> Committer: Daniel-Constantin Mierla <mico...@gmail.com>
>> Date: 2015-06-16T15:18:27+02:00
>>
>> dialog: re-entrant mutex for dialogs hash table slots
>>
>> - changed from a lock set usage to per slot lock field
>>
>> ---
>>
>> Modified: modules/dialog/dlg_hash.c
>> Modified: modules/dialog/dlg_hash.h
>>
>> ---