Hi Jason,

Actually is more strange, and I do not exclude a diameter problem or an issue
with my environment now.
The  P forwards the REGISTER to the I , I to the S , S sends back 401 back to
the I , and then it  arrives at the P , and then on UE.  Then UE sends REGISTER
again (challenge/response) but this second REGISTER does make it past the I ,
nothing comes back from the I , and then the P generates a 504 Server Time-out
which is being sent to UE.
Funny thing is that when I restart the P (and not the I !) , registration
starts to function normally again.
I could not reproduce today .  I will send some logs from last week to your
email if it's okay with you.

Dragos

---
https://github.com/kamailio/kamailio/pull/512#issuecomment-187193160