Hi Olle,

Thank you for your feedback about this subject, was really important to me
receive this in order to  follow the correct path.

Once that WebRTC is growing fast i also see some solutions based on xmpp
through websockets and others using a custom implementation based on
websockts and json.

I will continue my investigation to reach the correct solution to follow :)

Once again, thank you.
Regards
José Seabra

> On 16 Oct 2017, at 22:24, José Seabra <joseseab...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello there,
> I'm writing here in order to get your experiences about a Presence & IM
> server.
>
> I would like to know what is the best solution to follow:
>
>    - SIP Simple or XMPP?
>

> I've more knowledge about SIP Simple with kamailio but i did some
> researches and i found several open sources unified communications software
> that's implement Presence and IM using an XMPP server.
> So what is your opinion about which is the best solution to choose, taking
> in considerations the following aspects:
>
>    1. scalability
>    2. interopeability
>    3. permornace
>    4. features(like: Personal assistance, voicemail integration, chat
>    group, integration with social media)
>
> Should i choose Kamailio SIP Simple with xcap or an XMPP server(Prosody or
> ejabberd, etc)
>
> I will appreciate a lot your opinion.
>

> With very sad eyes I have to say that SIP Simple is a big failure. There’s
> no interoperability as every vendor
> did their own thing and there was no focus on interoperability in the
> group. Vendors have stated to me that
> they just want their customers to buy their servers and their clients and
> problem is solved. I tried really hard
> to set up a vendor-neutral solution but failed miserably - the various
> clients and servers parse the
> standards in different ways. The working group is closed and I have seen
> almost no activity in the IETF in that area since.
>
> XMPP on the other hand thrives and continues their development. There is a
> core of developers that
> work with standards and interoperability and it continues.
>
> I think scalability, performance and features are almost the same, but
> XMPP wins in regards to interoperability.
>
> And please José, don’t start diving down into the SIMPLE specifications,
> because there are way too
> many from different organisations and you’ll end up quite mad.
>
> This is my personal view after a complete failure trying to build a Lync
> competitor based on open
> standards. The bad feeling in my stomach may affect my clarity in this
> matter. ;-)
>
> /O

Cumprimentos
José Seabra