Hello.

I'm curious as to how SIP messages received over TLS are divided amongst the
available TCP workers.

Based on some searching, I was hoping and expecting that the messages would be
load balanced amongst the TCP workers at the level of individual SIP messages.

However, with my configuration, it seems that the work is load balanced at the
TCP connection level.

I will now elaborate on my basic architecture.

I have several edge proxies to which the clients connect. Those proxies do not
handle registration, or do much of anything, they just forward traffic to a
central registrar server.

On the central registrar server, it seems that a particular TCP worker is
assigned to handle all the traffic arriving from a particular edge proxy. As
long as the TCP connection between the servers remains open, it seems that the
particular worker is locked into handling all traffic on that connection.

Does that sound like expected behavior?

That behavior is not ideal for me, because I would like to evenly divide the
SIP message load across all the TCP workers on my central registrar.

Perhaps I'm doing something bad in my config file that is preventing the load
balancing from working at the SIP message level.

If that behavior is expected, is there anything I can do to achieve more even
load balancing?

Perhaps the ASYNC module might work for my  needs. It seems like I could use
async_task_route() to divide certain messages evenly amongst the async workers.

Does that sound reasonable?

In my use case, certain messages require a lot of CPU time to perform crypto
calculations, and I want those calculations to be distributed evenly across all
CPU cores.

Thanks.
    -Cody