Hi,

ACKs in response to negative replies are what are called hop-by-hop
ACKs, and should be addressed to the next hop.

Also, it is not necessary to explicitly do an append_branch() in
failure_route nowadays if manipulating the RURI. It'll be done for you.

-- Alex

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 02:22:39PM -0400, m...@dopensource.com wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I have a weird issue.  I’m sending a SIP INVITE to a SIP Service that send’s
> me back a 433, which let’s me know that the number is invalid.  I then send
> an INVITE to a media server (FreeSwitch) to play a message that the number
> can’t be called, which looks to be working.  But, the final ACK from the SIP
> client is sent back to the SIP Service versus the media server.  The
> following diagram below depicts this: https://snag.gy/qMWfvk.jpg.  The code
> snippet in the failure_route for the the SIP Service has this:
>
>  if (t_check_status("403|433")) {
>                 if ($avp(s:teleblock_media_enabled) == "1") {
>                         # make sure media server can route back to kamailio
>                         record_route();
>                         revert_uri();
>                         $ru = "sip:" + $T_reply_code + $rU + "@" +
> $sel(cfg_get.teleblock.media_ip) + ":" + $sel(cfg_get.teleblock.media_port);
>                         append_branch();
>                         t_relay();
>                         exit;
>
>                 }

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)