Hi,

I am exploring different redundancy / load-balancing models for a Kamailio
cluster.

When I say cluster, I mean, a number (N) of Kamailio nodes acting as stateful
proxies.

Each node is configured the same as the others, and all have access to the same
lookup data to make routing decisions.

I would appreciate any advice or experience any of you can share on these
different models.

Overall model:

Direct to proxies
Redirect servers first, which redirect to proxies

Selecting the first node to talk to. Each model could use either type of
selection.

DNS-based (SRV or NAPTR, client makes call to dns name)
Anycast with ECMP (equal-cost multi-path routing)
Cluster with a mobile IP and service-down detection (this would just provide
1:1 protection)

Have clients make calls through the proxy using a DNS record containing an SRV
record for each node (or, alternatively, done with NAPTR). Would rely on the
client to switch nodes in the event of a node failure mid-call. (Is that even
possible?)

Anycast would only work with UDP signaling. Use Anycast to find the first
proxy, then use stateful responses to direct client back to same node for
subsequent messages in a dialog.

So for anyone who has tried any of these methods, I would love to hear the pros
and cons..

Thanks in advance!

Jawaid