Hi Henning,

> On Dec 15, 2022, at 11:51 AM, Henning Westerholt <h...@gilawa.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Alex,
>  it might not help you much, but recently I was implementing a similar
> structure in one larger migration project, and it seems to work fine.
> I am not using any special flags for the challenge etc..
>  It’s basically like this (pseudo-code)
>  route{
> if no auth user -> auth_challenge()
> else -> http_async_query(API, AUTH)
> }
>  route[AUTH] {
> get API result for password
> if API failure -> auth_challenge()
> else -> pv_auth_check(..)
>  route(next steps)
> }

Yeah, that's more or less what I've got, except the first part.

I don't auth_challenge() every request because some requests are allowed by
static IP, and I don't know whether to auth_challenge() them unless I am
already in the async resume context.

I have eliminated the independent credentials query. At this point my process
is more:

   request_route {

      http_async_query(API, RESUME)
   }

   route[RESUME] {
      if(method == "INVITE") {
         if(has_auth_attrib()) {
            if(!pv_auth_check(...)) {
               auth_challenge("realm", "1");
               exit;
            }
         }

         # Get more routing info.
         http_async_query(API, RESUME2)
         return;
      }
   }

   route[RESUME2} {
      t_relay() etc
   }

-- Alex

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)