Hello Benoît,

Whatever you modify on a branch, is local to the branch.
The idea is that for parallel forking one might want to send out the
INVITE in different formats.
When the call fails, in the failure route you work on the original
INVITE and you can reformat the outgoing INVITE (it's like a fresh
start).

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas

On Fri, Dec 16, 2022 at 4:11 PM Benoît Panizzon <benoit.paniz...@imp.ch> wrote:

> Hi List
>
> Some time ago, during my learning curve with kamailio, I learned that a
> branch route is where you make modifications to callerId's.
>
> So I extensively re-engineered the config to move as much as possible
> of callerid modification into branch routes.
>
> But now I discovered, when a call is dispatched via dispatch group with
> multiple destinations and one destination fails, therefore the failure
> route is triggered, the branch route is not being called on the second
> attempt, thus callerid being in the wrong format.
>
> Example:
>
> dispatcher.lst
>
> As an example, consider having dispatcher group 2001 for national traffic
> over two
> dedicated links and Dispatcher group 2002 for international traffic.
>
> 2001 sip:192.168.1.1:5060 0 0 name="Carrier1"
> 2001 sip:192.168.2.1:5060 0 0 name="Carrier1"
>
> 2002 sip:192.168.1.3:5060 0 0 name="Carrier2"
>
> request_route
> {
>         # We determine where we want to send the call
>         # and choose dispatch group 2001, the 'national' one.
>         # But there are are other dispatch groups and branch triggers
>         # set this way and routed to DISPATCHCALL
>         $avp(dispgroup) = 2001;
>         t_on_branch("BR_TO_NATIONAL");
>         route(DISPATCHCALL);
> }
>
> route[DISPATCHCALL]
> {
>         t_set_fr(120000,1500); # Fast Failover
>         t_set_max_lifetime(300000,0);
>         t_set_retr(200,800);
>         if (ds_select_dst("$avp(dispgroup)", "6")) {
>                 if (ds_is_from_list(-1,0,"$du")) {
>                         t_on_failure("DISPATCH_FAILURE");
>                         route(RELAY);
>                 }
>         }
> }
>
> branch_route[BR_TO_NATIONAL]
> {
>         # Here I make sure, all CallerId and Header are correct for the
>         # national Carrier
> }
>
> failure_route[DISPATCH_FAILURE]
> {
>         if (t_check_status("(5[0-9][0-9])") or (t_branch_timeout() and
> !t_branch_replied())) {
>                 # Try next DS.
>                 if (ds_next_dst()) {
>                         xlog("L_INFO", "     --> retargeting request\n");
>                         t_on_failure("DISPATCH_FAILURE");
>                         route(RELAY); #### RIGHT HERE!
>                         exit;
>                 }
>         }
>         # We fail
>         xlog("L_ERROR", "Call Failed\n");
> }
>
> My issue is not, that if the call is routed after the first path failed
> (marked with #### RIGHT HERE!) then the appropriate branch route is not
> triggered again and the headers are wrong. But I can not set t_on_branch
> within route[DISPATCHCALL] or route[DISPATCH_FAILURE] because this is
> [...]

VoIP Embedded, Inc.
http://www.voipembedded.com