From: Benoit Panizzon <benoit.paniz...@imp.ch>
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2022 2:24 PM
To: Rick Barenthin <dun...@gmail.com>
Subject: [SR-Users] Re: DNS Host-Names in Via and Record-Route for more
redundancy?

Hello World and Rick

> A quick update. Now it works. I guess the newly added DNS hostname was
> not yet fully propagated to all DNS caches.

I start doubting, this was a clever idea...

I wonder what solutions other have come up to.

After some testing I noticed: SIP ALG on NAT devices do work by IP, not by
hostname. So getting traffic from the kamailio instance they were not talking
too before (or did not register to) breaks on NAT situations.

Also SBC do not seem to respect the Via header and always sending traffic back
to the IP it received traffic from.

How do other build redundant, high available platforms with kamailio avoiding
those pitfalls?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

-Benoît Panizzon-
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter Commerce Kunden