There are innumerable ways to do that. If going with your chosen AMQP broker
approach, just do it in an async fashion, using either this,

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.6.x/modules/async.html

or this:

https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.6.x/modules/rtimer.html
https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.6.x/modules/mqueue.html

Using this kind of approach:

https://www.mail-archive.com/sr-users@lists.kamailio.org/msg18436.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/sr-users@lists.kamailio.org/msg18437.html

In essence, you kick your CDR events and interactions with your AMQP broker to
push them to it over to an outside set of worker processes that do not block
SIP workers that process SIP messages. Therefore, this will not interfere with
call processing. Most sensible call accounting mechanisms are async because
generating CDRs (call detail records) is not in the critical path of call setup
and does not need to be wired in series.

-- Alex

> On Feb 21, 2023, at 10:55 AM, Anthony Wittig <awit...@mangovoice.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to start tracking a call history/log as soon as I receive a call.
> I'd like the customer to be able to see that there's an incoming call to one
> of their numbers in real time.
>
> I'm thinking of using the RABBITMQ Module to manually emit an event from my
> main route when I receive an INVITE. Is that a bad idea? What if the broker
> isn't located on the same host (latency/availability)? I don't want to
> negatively affect the call processing.
>
> I was looking at the Dialog Module and it has three event routes:
> * event_route[dialog:start]
> * event_route[dialog:end]
> * event_route[dialog:failed]
>
> It's really close to what I want, but I'd like to capture the dialog before
> it starts (Unconfirmed or Early). Maybe another option is to scan the Dialog
> table with an external process and emit events from there.
>
> Has anyone had success in creating a realtime call history? Is there a better
> way to go about doing so?
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Anthony Wittig