Hi,

I’ve got a situation where I catch a 302 redirect in a failure_route (branch
#1), and use the Contact to set a custom header (append_hf()).

This custom header is utilised on the subsequent branch (branch #2), but if
that branch fails (e.g. due to 4xx-5xx response), the custom header is not
preserved on subsequent branches (branch #3+).

What’s the best way to preserve it across subsequent branches? The
documentation for msg_apply_changes() says it cannot be used once the
transaction is already created, and in any case, I have other branch-level
changes in branch #2 that I _would_ like to revert on subsequent branch
attempts (i.e. branch #3).

I can certainly devise a transaction-persistent vehicle for this value which
can be checked on every branch, but I wondered if there’s an easier and more
best-practical way.

Thanks!

— Alex

--