On 24.04.23 10:29, Olle E. Johansson wrote:

>> On 24 Apr 2023, at 10:02, Alex Balashov <abalas...@evaristesys.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Apr 24, 2023, at 2:46 AM, Henning Westerholt <h...@gilawa.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> actually, this also documented in the kamailio modules readme:
>>>
>>> https://kamailio.org/docs/modules/5.5.x/modules/rtpengine.html#rtpengine.f.rtpengine_manage
>>>
>>> "- If reply to INVITE with code >= 300 do rtpengine_delete()"
>> Yeah, it is.
>>
>> But what I think Benoît was really getting at is a question not addressed by
>> the documentation or the source code: do I really want to 'delete' for _any_
>> >= 300 reply code, or are there corner cases, like 488 for a reinvite (where
>> the standards say the call must continue according to previous parameters if
>> a reinvite fails)? And if so, are there any others, or is 488 truly it?
> Agree that the reinvite case is interesting, exactly because of the possible
> fallback to original state.
>
> I guess there are a number of possible codes, like a timeout (408) or system
> problem (5xx) in addition to the “correct” code 488 where fallback could
> happen.

rtpengine_manage() should be used in failure_route only when knowing
that the call is failing completely. In failure route it should not be
used for the purpose of an offer, that is for branch_route usage. The
rtpengine offer()/answer()/delete() functions are there to use when
specific needs pop up.

Of course, then config conditions can be used to exclude cases as needed.

Cheers,
Daniel

Kamailio World Conference - June 5-7, 2023 - www.kamailioworld.com