From: Shah Hussain Khattak <shahhus...@msn.com>
Sent: Dienstag, 4. Juli 2023 09:40
To: Henning Westerholt <h...@gilawa.com>; Kamailio (SER) - Users Mailing List
<sr-users@lists.kamailio.org>
Subject: Re: Using Kamailio in front of Freeswitch for load balancing REG and
Calls

Sweet! Henning, thank you very much for the update, it was very helpful.

As I am new to the Kamailio, I was able to set up the basic routing now, but
for some reason, my registration requests are always going to the first
gateway. My routing block looks like this:

# Handle SIP registrations
route[REGISTRAR] {
        if(!is_method("REGISTER"))
                return;
        add_path_received();

        # Use From URI hash for dispatching
        if (!ds_select_dst("1", "1")) {
                send_reply("404", "No destination");
                exit;
        }

        xdbg("--- SCRIPT: going to <$ru> via <$du> (attrs:
$xavp(_dsdst_=>attrs))\n");
        t_on_failure("RTF_DISPATCH");
        route(RELAY);
        exit;
}

# Dispatch requests
route[DISPATCH] {
        # round robin dispatching on gateways group '1'
        if(!ds_select_dst("1", "1")) {
                send_reply("404", "No destination");
                exit;
        }
        xdbg("--- SCRIPT: going to <$ru> via <$du> (attrs:
$xavp(_dsdst_=>attrs))\n");
        t_on_failure("RTF_DISPATCH");
        route(RELAY);
        exit;
}

my dispatcher file configs are quite simple:

1 sip:172.16.8.4;transport=udp 0 0
1 sip:172.16.8.5;transport=udp 0 0

Can you please advise what config is missing here so I can load balance the
registrations and calls properly? For example, I would like both the gateways
to handle 50% of the load. Sorry if I am missing something very basic here.

Regards,
Shah Hussain