Hello,

where do you use the value? Do you set it to $var(...) or another
variable? Which? Or do you use it to compose a string with some address
having q parameter?

Cheers,
Daniel

On 20.09.23 17:17, Barry Flanagan wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Sep 2023, at 14:36, Barry Flanagan wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I need to take in a priority (from 0 to 100, 0 being highest prio) and
>> convert this into a Q value between 0 and 1.0
>>
>> My idea was to simply do:
>>
>> q_value = 1 - ($var(priority)/100)
>>
>> However, it seems Kamailio only deals in integers in the config. A
>>
>> Apart from doing a pseudo SQL query "SELECT 1 - (20/100)" is there any
>> way within the config I can do such maths?
>>
> I tried using the SQL, and although the query returns "0.8000" the resulting
> var seems to only interpret this as an integer. How can I force it to be a
> string? I tried changing my select to  "SELECT cast(1 - (20/100) as char(10))
> AS qval" but still my result var is saved as 1
>
> Thanks
> -Barry

Daniel-Constantin Mierla (@ asipto.com)
twitter.com/miconda -- linkedin.com/in/miconda
Kamailio Consultancy - Training Services -- asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference - kamailioworld.com