Hello,

default kamailio.cfg has a skeleton for doing serial forking to a
voicemail server. Follow the token WITH_VOICEMAIL to discover the
related snippets -- this can be a starting point to implement it in your
config.

Cheers,
Daniel

On 27.09.23 04:12, Alex Balashov via sr-users wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> The difference you are describing is between serial and parallel forking. You
> clearly want the former. There are a variety of ways to achieve that, and the
> answer will depend on the code path taken to route to your voicemail server.
>
> -- Alex
>
>> On Sep 26, 2023, at 5:50 PM, James Lipski via sr-users
>> <sr-users@lists.kamailio.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a way to change the transaction order when a failure fork occurs --
>> to explain, endpoint 1 calls endpoint 2. Call towards endpoint 2 goes
>> unanswered, and so the call forks to voicemail, I see that an INVITE is sent
>> towards my voicemail server first, followed by a CANCEL towards the
>> endpoint; can I send the CANCEL first to the endpoint and then INVITE
>> towards my voicemail server. I'm essentially using the bundled/sample
>> configurations for testing.
>>
>> Thank you.__________________________________________________________
>> Kamailio - Users Mailing List - Non Commercial Discussions
>> To unsubscribe send an email to sr-users-le...@lists.kamailio.org
>> Important: keep the mailing list in the recipients, do not reply only to the
>> sender!
>> Edit mailing list options or unsubscribe:
> --
> Alex Balashov
> Principal Consultant
> Evariste Systems LLC
> Web: https://evaristesys.com
> Tel: +1-706-510-6800

Daniel-Constantin Mierla (@ asipto.com)
twitter.com/miconda -- linkedin.com/in/miconda
Kamailio Consultancy - Training Services -- asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference - kamailioworld.com