Yes, but this is not helpful if trying to mitigate an outage of the node that
actually holds the transaction state.

Unfortunately, from a technical point of view, replicating TM state is not as
straightforward as it sounds, or it would have been done already. It's not just
a matter of serialising the transaction information and shipping it across and
reconstituting it, timers and all. There are hooks deep into other runtime
state, connection state, etc. which either aren't exposed for easy
deserialisation/hydration, or are not possible to replicate altogether because
it would require integration with the OS network stack (e.g. connection info).

All to say, even if such a thing were developed, it would be an extremely
flawed and imperfect process, and--perhaps I can take a bit of liberty on
behalf of the core development team--the project doesn't like to support
half-assed features.

A more stateless, fault-tolerant design is, by comparison, a significantly
lower engineering lift in most cases where replicating TM would be useful.

-- Alex

Alex Balashov
Principal Consultant
Evariste Systems LLC