Hi Gavin,

This error is generated internally when trying to relay the message. A useful
troubleshooting step would be to add a line that prints the Request URI to
console before this happens, but subsequent to the registration lookup (if
you're using a registrar, and I presume you are):

   xinfo("[$ci] Final request URI is: $ru\n");

I think this would add some insight.

-- Alex

> On 16 Dec 2023, at 09:33, Gavin Baumanis via sr-users
> <sr-users@lists.kamailio.org> wrote:
>
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Very new to SIP
> And to Kamailio Configuration / administration.
>
> I have a working AWS instance with Kamailio installed on it - and it works
> fine.
>
> We are creating a whole new environment and I have cloned the existing AWS
> EC2 instances.
> I have edited all the configs to ensure that they are using the correct DNS
> names and / or IP addresses.
> Otherwise the "configs" are identical.
>
> While attempting to call a SIP number, I get the following message, returned
> to the soft phone I am using (microSIP)
> Regretfully we were unable to process the URI (479/SL)
>
> I can also see the same error message in the console of the Kamailio server.
>
> I am hoping that this might mean something to someone enough - to suggest
> some troubleshooting steps, please.
>
> Thanks;

Alex Balashov
Principal Consultant