Fred,

This is beautiful:

<extension name="b2bua">
  <condition field="destination_number" expression="^b2bua-(.+)$">
  <action application="log" data="INFO entered b2bua extension"/>
  <action application="set" data=“sendto=${sip_via_host}:5080"/>
  <action application="set" data="bypass_media=true"/>
  <action application="set" data="sip_copy_custom_headers=false"/>
  <action application="bridge"
data="[sip_h_X-PGPX=${uuid}]sofia/internal/$1@${sendto}"/>
  <action application="hangup"/>
</condition>

I was not aware it was that simple. Thank you for the education!

-- Alex

> On May 30, 2024, at 6:24 PM, Fred Posner via sr-users
> <sr-users@lists.kamailio.org> wrote:
>

>> On May 30, 2024, at 5:49 PM, Alex Balashov via sr-users
>> <sr-users@lists.kamailio.org> wrote:
>>
>> Benoit,
>>
>>> Snip
>>
>> - For those calls, you could deploy a lightweight, signalling-only B2BUA to
>> solve these "looping" problems. SEMS has historically been recommended for
>> this purpose often, but the community edition has fallen into a bit of
>> disrepair. FreeSWITCH, Asterisk, Drachtio, and others make good alternatives.
>>
>> Adding a B2BUA to your platform is also a moving part and introduces
>> complexity. However, the call flow is extremely straightforward, the
>> software componentry involved is very straightforward, and forwarding
>> requests is a core competency of Kamailio that is very idiomatic. Compared
>> to your solution of manipulating the Call-ID in baroque ways, it's much less
>> internally complex, and runs in more well-worn grooves that will be more
>> easily understood by other Kamailio operators and SIP experts in the future.
>>
>> -- Alex
>
> FreeSWITCH is pretty straight forward to do as a signaling only B2BUA for
> Kamailio. I did a presentation on it a cluecon last year with examples:
>
> https://pgpx.io/cc2023/
>

> https://github.com/fredposner/cluecon2023
>

> -- Fred Posner
> Phone: +1 (352) 664-3733
> https://fred.tel
> (Sent from mobile. Please excuse typos/autocorrect)

Alex Balashov
Principal Consultant
Evariste Systems LLC
Web: https://evaristesys.com