On 04/21/2010 05:43 AM, Juha Heinanen wrote:

just route your calls via sems as a b2bua and make it send the byes, if
media stops flowing.  if something is missing in order to allow that to
be easily implemented by dsm or ivr plugins, i'm sure stephan and
raphael will take care of it.

The other thing to point out here, though, is that while SEMS is undeniably awesome, SEMS is a userspace process. Simply running all media through it does have some scalability implications, and in some cases, network path optimisation consequences as well. If I were to take a SEMS-based approach, I think my favoured technique would be a signaling-only mechanism like SSTs.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC