On 10/24/2010 03:34 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

what do you mean by outside process?

For example, with app_lua, the interpreter is linked to the code, so
is no external process, it is like cfg interpreter, just that it
resides in a module, not in core.

Oh, I did not realise it is so persistent.

I thought it worked more like Apache's mod_php, where the interpreter and dependencies are loaded into memory so that the entire language runtime does not need to be initialised each time a script is invoked, but the script itself is still loaded anew every time.

What you are suggesting is that the 'perl' module works more like mod_perl, where the user-supplied script itself is loaded into memory persistently?

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC